Dr. Michal Regev
Phone: (604) 671-7356
» Sexy in Vancity radio
» Urban Baby and Toddler Magazin "MY BROTHER'S KEEPER"
» Today's Parent Magazine "The highs and lows of pregnancy."
» Today's Parent Magazine "Baby proof your marriage."
» West Coast Baby Guide "Depression during pregnancy"
» New York Times "Hold the elevator for me forever."
» Glow Magazine "fight club."
» Urban Baby and Toddler Magazin
- At least 10% of the adult population have had or will have Depression in their lifetime.
- You cannot simply "snap out" of Depression, but psychotherapy can help you recover.
- A combination of medication and psychotherapy is the most effective way to treat Depression.
- Panic Attacks can be very scary and unpleasant, but they are not dangerous.
- Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy is the most effective way to treat Panic Disorder.
- Postpartum Depression affects one in every 10 recently delivered women.
- Postpartum Depression is a highly treatable condition.
- OCD can be very distressing as well as debilitating, but there are effective treatments that can help.
- OCD affects 2.5% of the population. This means that millions of people around the world suffer from this disorder.
- Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy can correct abnormalities in the brain that are implicated in OCD, Depression and Anxiety.
- Learning to manage you Stress better can prove to be a remedy for a variety of health problems.
- Marital Conflict negatively affects the emotional and physical well being of children.
- Couples Therapy can be highly effective in alleviating marital conflict.
- 75% of _parents say that the Transition to parenthood was the most significant change in their lives.
- The birth of a child often has a profound effect on the Marital Relationship.
Dr. Michal Regev – Your Registered Psychologist and Marriage and Family Therapist in Vancouver.
Hello And Welcome
If you are reading these lines chances are that you, or someone close to you, have been experiencing some distress. Whether these are feelings of sadness or hopelessness, anxiety, loss and grief or relationship difficulties, you are looking for information and, possibly, professional help.
Let me assure you that I appreciate how hard it must be to look for help and to make the decision to contact a therapist you don’t really know. It may also be scary to actually do something about your situation because that would mean taking a close and hard look at yourself, your patterns, your relationships and, possibly, your barriers to change. It takes courage and determination to change but I am sure you have it in you and, I can help you access it.
I have worked with clients since 1995 and have been recognized as an expert in the areas of postpartum depression, depression during pregnancy and couples therapy. I have helped numerous couples achieve their relationship goals, whether they were in the transition to parenthood or at any other point in their lives when they were looking to make their relationship a more harmonious, close and satisfying one. I have helped many clients who struggled with the debilitating effects of depression, anxiety and OCD. I have also worked with couples and individuals as they were struggling with pregnancy loss, infertility and other types of grief. I am humbled and honored to be able to help clients in their most vulnerable times and I am at awe at the strength and resourcefulness people demonstrate as they emerge back into good health and happiness.
To empower clients to manage their life challenges effectively and achieve a sense of well-being and satisfaction by providing the highest quality of therapy in the areas of couples relationships, life transitions (e.g., becoming parents, divorce and separation), parenting issues, pregnancy and postpartum depression, infertility and pregnancy loss, anxiety and/or panic, obsessive-compulsive disorder, stress management, loss and grief.